Linux: Old, Not Obsolete
I ♥ *nix! Old... Never obsolete!
Linux is a family of open source Unix-like operating systems based on the Linux kernel, an operating system kernel first released on September 17, 1991 by Linus Torvalds.
Here Are Some Of The Most Powerful And Versatile Systems Ever Created
- SysV - In a way System V was the father of them all
- OpenSolaris is basically System V R.4 The Source was opened by Sun in 2005.
- Linux became the standard OS for most server market segments
- BSD stack - OpenBSD FreeBSD, NetBSD are all very powerful network orientated OSes
- GNU goes here
- macOS has a nicely polished GUI on top of a solid BSD codebase
You can download old versions of Linux just for fun in this site: https://soft.lafibre.info/